Hi all,

I am trying to build a simple strategy, but my poor experience with Zorro is getting me stuck with a (I think) simple/stupid issue.

So far in my scripts I have always entered the trades at market.
What I thought I have understood technically is that, in order to get the trade started, the functions enterLong() and enterShort() need to be called only one single time on a single execution of the run()/tick().
And that always worked fine.

What I'm trying to do now, is to enter the trade using Limit orders.
I have tried both Entry and LimitOrders variable, like this:

Code:
if( CONDITION ){
	Entry=x;
	enterLong();
}

The CONDITION I'm putting accurately is TRUE only in one single bar and not in the next ones (at least not in the very next ones), as I have always did in my previous strategies based on market enters.
What I would expect is that whenever the price reaches the x price (before the EntryTime), a trade get started.
But this does not happened. The trades are just never opened.

I have tried to place the enterLong() call after and outside the if condition so that it get "always" executed by the script, and the trades actually take place.

Code:
if (NumOpenTotal < 1)
	enterLong();

This way though, I can hardly control my trades as they get constantly open whenever the price is above x.

This is why I'm pretty sure I haven't quite understood how to use this function properly.

What should I write in order to place a pending order calling a function ONCE? Is it possible or is it just not the way Zorro works?

I really hope anybody can help me!
Thanks so much!

Last edited by kerplunk1899; 01/09/19 19:29.