UPDATE: The old shaders I was using from A7 were preventing the game from compiling in A8.

I am updating my games to work with A8.
One of them worked with very little issues. My other game, which is older and bigger in terms of content, is not so easy. The game crashes before loading, and the log looks like this:

Code
Log of A8 Engine 8.47.1 run at Thu Jun 20 19:25:15 2019
Schmidt on Windows NT/2000/XP version 6.1 Build 7601
Options level_001.c -nx 500 -diag
App: C:\Program Files (x86)\GStudio8\acknex.exe in E:\My Documents\3dGameStudio\Star Explorers\Star Explorers Lite-C - A8\

MM mixer opened
DSOUND device opened
DI interface opened
Start Window opened(c) Conitec - www.3dgamestudio.com
A8 Engine - Pro Edition V8.47.1 - Mar  9 2016
Development version
Registered to: Michael Schmidt

Mouse found
Speakers (VIA High Definition Audio) opened
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 pure T&L device 1ff9 detected
D3D device NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 1ff9 selected.
knownfolder.dll opened
SteamGS.dll opened
acknet.dll opened
ackoal.dll opened
ackphysX.dll opened
Compiling LEVEL_001.C - [Esc] to abort....
PATH C:\Program Files (x86)\GStudio8\code\
PATH C:\Program Files (x86)\GStudio8\templates\images\.......
PATH C:\Program Files (x86)\GStudio8\code\...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Not sure what to look for, it is not giving me any cause for the crash. I set warn_level to 6, but no warnings pop up.

I am sure it has to do with my code, since my other game worked fine.

I'm just wondering what sorts of things I might want to look for as potential causes for this behavior. The error seems to be happening during the compiling process, before the "main" function is even called.

Last edited by Dooley; 06/21/19 15:50. Reason: solved