I'm not new to game engines or 3D software at all. In fact, I own most engines. I also have an unlimited subscription to both Arteria 3D and Dexsoft, so I have no shortage of assets. However, A8 is very foreign to me (and no, I do not speak any language other than English). A8 does not work like Leadwerks, S2, Skyline, Unity, Unreal, Coppercube, Tombstone, Game Guru, etc. I do know how to use BSP modelers/editors - that's not it. It's WADs and the pipeline that really is my problem. Leadwerks, for example, auto-converts everything just by placing it all in the folder. Tombstone has its own converters that are pretty straight forward. Coppercube requires no conversion. It loads FBX, image and audio files without problems.

How does one use A8? I had A4 to now, A8, and I still don't understand the workflow. Maybe that's why I never used it.

Yet, other than Game Guru, I have yet to make a game that works, but Game Guru requires too much overhead and so the simplest game runs at very low FPS.

I am looking to make my games with large open worlds, lots of terrain that looks really good (Skyline's terrain is one of the best, followed by Leadwerks, but Skyline cannot export a finished game. Leadwerks is forever in development).

I KNOW A6 and A7 has been used to create finished retail games, so I would like to use this engine, if possible.

The language is probably not a problem for me as long as I understand when and how to use the scripts.

Thanks.

Mike

YOU DREAM IT - WE CREATE IT! For custom scoring, audio, video and more for your games, visit www.rubidex.net