Hi,

I'm building a strategy where I need the strategy to be run in the 1 minute timeframe but I also need to be build price OHLC for the H1 timeframe.

So I have set by BarPeriod to 1 and I've built series for High, Low and Close by changing the timeframe to 60 / Period ... pretty standard code:

Code
        BarPeriod = 1; 
	BarOffset = 0;
	StartDate = 20191107; 
	EndDate   = 20191111; 
	LookBack = 60/BarPeriod * 24 * 5; 
	MaxLong = MaxShort = 1;

TimeFrame = 60 / BarPeriod;
	FrameOffset = 0;
	BarOffset = 0;

vars H1Close = series(priceClose());
	vars H1High = series(priceHigh());
	vars H1Low = series(priceLow());

TimeFrame = BarPeriod;
	vars M1Close = series(priceClose());
	vars M1High = series(priceHigh());
	vars M1Low = series(priceLow());

I noticed that occasionally the data downloaded from my MT4 provided has missing entries on the 1 minute timeframe. This seems to impact how the H1 data gets calculated.

For example, if the previous H1 entry was calculated at 1am, and there are 2 missing entries between 1am and 2am, the next H1 entry is only calculated at 2:02am. With my strategy, I check on the hour for the last H1 High and Low values. But in the scenario above, it will still have the previous one stored in H1Close[0], and not the latest one.

Is there a way around this without having to build my own version of priceHigh and priceLow for a 1 hour period to specifically work in a 60 min timeframe rather than the last 60 entries?

Or maybe there is an easy way to pad the historical data where there are missing entries? If so, how would I go about that?

Thanks,

GJ

Last edited by giantj; 01/04/20 02:48.