Worked hard again.

Solved a old secret why almost all my levels had no good framerates. I dont know how many times i stoped working cause everything wasnt smooth.
Now i found out that "single mesh" Option in WED doesnt seam to work frown

3run gave me the advice to look into TUST. Which i did. Thanks to MasterQ32 i wrote my own function which merges Level parts to single meshes at runtime. I was able to optimize my Level so it runs almost everytime with 60fps in fullscreen. This is really awesome i have to say. Also this made me invest more work into this two year hobby FPS now.

While the visuals are a bit better now, i went back to the oldschool killing feeling ( at least i tryed ). I have to say i had fun killing waves of Zombies, taking Bodys into parts. laugh For me, sometimes it feels like Quake2, which i very like.

New more sci fi based weapons are made. For now a pistol (P990) and a machinegun (M200 Raptor). Weapons can get bloody and overheat (not new). Overheated weapons have lower fire rates. Chainsaw, C4 and double shotgun still exists.

Theres a new type of enemy. A fat guy with a parasite that shoots glowing green stuff. When low energy this massive enemy shoots a laser-beam ( like the Proton cannon grin ). I really like this npc.
I worked on blood effects visuals. They look much better now with ShadeCevo.

Also i worked on pathfinding / Walking of Zombies too. They manage map pretty good now, i have to say.
New feature: when Player is in stress / firing a lot, guitar riffs start to play.

I hope i can enter Showcase soon with a playable demo of this Hobby fps. Till then ill keep the intrested People (hope there are some) informed here.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Of course i will rework the HUD soon.

For now i would descripe the Project as "fast Zombie Space shooter" grin

Greets

Last edited by rayp; 05/06/20 04:06.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;