I am not sure if this is the place to discuss this and if not, please let me know

I was reading the manual and came across the Currency Strength function under the Analysis section.

I can see by the sample code that you can store the strongest / weakest names in a string.

First, is this function being performed on all the currencies you have access to where you can determine the best pairing of strong versus weak currencies?

Is this a process that could be used as a pre-cursor to filter out just the best relative strength pairs before moving on to the next part of the strategy where your algorithm determines entries, stop losses, trade management, etc. ... basically as part of an entire trading system? I guess the data of Best and Worst would need to be saved to a text file that would then be read into the trading strategy file that would get the series price data? It looks like the code in the example are just using OldBest & OldWorst (Best & Worst) as string variables.

// store previous strongest and weakest asset names
strcpy(OldBest,Best);
strcpy(OldWorst,Worst);

I am still reading and learning, so I know enough to be dangerous. However, right now I am thinking conceptually about how I can use (and if I can use) all these various functions in an overall strategy. I know the basic flow is linear, with looping and decision making along the way to determine the next course of action. But can these systems be constructed in a modular fashion? Is there anything I can read that would help me to better understand how to take all these various functions as modules and work them into the trading strategy process?

Thanks