Originally Posted by 3run
Originally Posted by Aku_Aku
I am trying to copy an empty string into another string, because my code is an example.
Thats the reason you get the error message. Give another example, when text_lines isn't empty and you try to copy it into another string.

No. You didn't catch the original thought. That doesn't matter if i copy an empty string. The situation also is the same with filled string. I gave a code, the only thing needs to you to try and you will see.

I don't want to debate about the usage of the PRAGMA_POINTER, it does not change the situation, please notice it. So it is senseless to come up with it again.
I must to tell the truth, I know how can check a pointer or compare. What I don't know is how decide the A8 engine is my pointer is invalid or not not.

And I must to repeat and underline: I try to use a TEXT object somewhere in the deep of my code. And in only one case when the object was only call to life, (and no more activity, it is the important part in the story) referencing to an string of that with index will result W1501 message. Please consider this and the content and sense of my post. Nothing else, if it possible.

Originally Posted by 3run
Why would you even need to try to copy empty strings into another one? confused

Because it is an example. I could copy a two KB long string, the situation would not change.
I can give a more detailed case description, if it needs.
Greet, Aku smile

Edit: Sorry the scrolling wheel of my mouse doesn't work properly. So now I can see you caught the issue finally.

Last edited by Aku_Aku; 06/17/20 15:00. Reason: my mouse