Working for month on a smooth 3rd person controller and game stuff now for a silent hill style horror game (yes i did not work on my fps shame on me!). Player feats jumping, climbing, hanging and climbing, wade, swim, dive and run. Melee weapons like baseball bats and hand guns like Magnum.44. The animations used for player are from mixamo, some modified.
With all stuff like anm blending etc. Player can activate a flashlight (on right shoulder). He can find and use a gasmask and some kind of nightvision with egoview feat.
Also i finished some different types of ai already. one is able to jump and walk the ceiling like in the Suffering. After weeks of pure scripting with place holders and setting up shadec evo, i finally started last night with my first visual work. In motion it looks a lot better cause of moving fog and rain spalshes on street etc. For me personal, my best work yet. Iam very happy with the look.
Spent a lot time on details like footstep sounds on different surfaces, bloody feets on blood leaks etc.
When player aims with a gun the upper body can be moved smooth with mouse while hes still animated. A 3d crosshair helps finding the target.
Camera uses obstacle avoidance and moves itself closer to player in narrow situations. In buildings the perspective is a bit different cause the cam is close to player.

For now i made a streets that follows a hill side and a lake (right). It will lead to a gas station. Crows and some other critters already "alive".
Took some time to get shadec evo working fully correct but now i love the look. A bit like hl2 for my taste.
The gore system already looks nice here and there, used my ragdoll-force-system from DeadTaste fps (like most of the tech in techdemo room).
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Also i finished a nice inventory system like in Resident Evil. New items can be add very fast. All stuff like weapon health usage and so on is done in the inventory. Items can be droped in special lockers. Item system uses "weight". When no more room / too much weight, player cant carry more and must drop items in lockers for example. All stuff like inventory system works screen res independent.

Enemys will be some creapy obsessed/demon/zombie monsters. Normal demons fly/hover. They vomit all the time green slime. If you smash their head the vomit will spray out of the neck wound grin
Detection of enemys works with a special instrument called the ghostmeter. A modified multimeter wink

Also stuff like security camera and a computer system is working. Basic stuff like dialpad closed doors etc. I really like the computers in game. The os - look is like win3.11 in them laugh

For the story i have no good ideas only a direction. Not good at story starting. frown

I will make a project post for sure cause i guess this will be my final work / Showcase entry...but i know ill never switch engine anyway.

Greets

Last edited by rayp; 09/05/20 21:16.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;