So, I've spent the last couple days trying to get my bearings on how to do something - *anything* - productive with this engine. It's not possible. Every manual, tutorial or other form of instruction I find is based on out-dated versions of the engine. YT videos? Well, what I could find in English aren't helpful at all, either.

I tried setting up a super basic level earlier, to find that neither the sky, nor the water, worked as expected. I learned it's because - at some point - those technologies were removed as far back as A6. Then why are they still in the engine/editor in A8?

I learned that instead of those WAD textures, I now have to use Materials. I tried looking up how to setup Materials. Couldn't find anything, except references to editing text files. If material creation in this engine is based entirely on editing text files, then.. Wow, is pretty much all I can say.

I decided to open up some demo projects to poke around and see what I could learn. Downloaded Warehouse and a couple others. None of them open. Worse, the editors don't even recognize them. Tried to open one in GED, didn't recognize any of the files. Tried to open one in WED, wouldn't recognize the files. Further, why do I have to go online and search for the download links for these sample projects? Why aren't they included in the download? Why would the included Manual instruct you to open a demo file that isn't actually included in the installation?

And on and on and on. I've not had a positive experience with anything I've attempted to do. Not one. Nothing but walls and roadblocks.

I only bought the Extra version, and I'm at least grateful for that. Would hate to have wasted $200 for the other version.

If this is the way Conitec "supports" this engine anymore, then it's no wonder it's dead.

Last edited by Preypacer; 09/18/20 01:09.