@Eagle,
It's been $200 for a while but it does not seem like it helped much.

@Tails1 & 3Run,
Suggestions of acknex going open source comes up from time to time, but it seems like the work involved in open sourcing it is not worth the time investment required by JCL. From what i can gather from past discussions, particularly Lite-C(or it's compiler) is not opensourcable due to past licensing agreements during it's development and it's a lot of work to remove it.

We could maybe, in theory, convince JCL to agree to a crowdfunding campaign to open-source acknex if it's successful, BUT i think it would fail to collect enough money for the campaign which would also prove(to JCL) that there is not enough demand for an open source acknex.

An easier way to convince would be someone from the community(or multiple people) with extensive knowledge of both acknex and how game engines work, and is also interested in an open source acknex, under contract, to do the work required to open source it for free.(interested users could donate) But i doubt anyone from community with the required skill or the time would agree to this at this point. Community and acknex is too far dead for this, i tihnk.