Originally Posted by Quad
particularly Lite-C(or it's compiler) is not opensourcable due to past licensing agreements during it's development and it's a lot of work to remove it.

We could maybe, in theory, convince JCL to agree to a crowdfunding campaign to open-source acknex if it's successful, BUT i think it would fail to collect enough money for the campaign which would also prove(to JCL) that there is not enough demand for an open source acknex.

Thanks for the insight, I'm not so familiar about whats happening behind the stage.

260$ (JPY) for a bugged outdated version is kinda.. well.. i.e. you need to manually download the current ackphysX.dll from rojan to make physXCloth working.. manually install vcredist2005 to make the med fbx2010 importer to work.. etc. Give it another pricecut or bribe some famous youtubers to make a positive review on it to lure a few more retro lovers^^. Im also willing to make my contribution to this legacy as well.

An implemented second-rate idea is better than a good idea, which gathering dust in your brain.