Still working for month on my fps now. The movement is really smooth yet. This time i made all the script work in a large debug-level with all the stuff in one world, before i went on the "design" part like building levels.

Movement features running, sliding, swimming, wade, diving, climbing, jumping(jump from climb to climb surface), crawling, get shrunk(and climb / jump), hang on moving objects, move with moving objects, push objects.
Now iam working for days on the first level. Player starts inside a gigantic monster laugh
A lot is done already, enough to fill a project-thread for its own. A lot of funny stuff...like glowing slime that will jump on humans head making them to zombies, like in hl2. The first level, inside the monster, is also a movement tutorial for the player. I love the diving btw.

Still WIP. Some organic objects pulsating. Those tentacles will attack player when close (pushing him away when hit). The intro and first map really feels like a game this time laugh I put a lot of work into small things, like the tentacles smoking, fish-creatures under water, flying "orbs" on camview, smooth head movement etc.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Its only around 50ents yet cause i started rebuilding the inside-creature-level from scratch with better models today. The debug-creature-map was a lot bigger already.
I merged all my knowledge and (frozen) scripts into this project. This will be my showcase entry and some kind of "techdemo". It uses the ragdoll stuff from my zombie fps, some may remember the video of the explosion and shotgun, pushing the zombie with ragdolls around (2018). Script allows merging of models at runtime for extra detailed maps (thanks again to 3run and TUST). For main-movement AI uses a modified version of SuperKu's v2 pathfinding (most times area-based).

Project runs almost any time in 60fps. when looking at the screens and the scripts the game/story seams to be really cheesy and crazy. Focus is on arcade shooting and a bit about movement itself. After all the frozen projects, died ideas, maybe this will be my final work.

Now iam thinking how to highlight the climb surfaces. Guess ill use lights along the way i want the player to climb.
Seams to work nice. laugh
[Linked Image]
In this case players starts in the left area. Must jump and climb the left "block" to the position of the screenshot. Then perform a big jump to the right "block", climbing this one up to the top. Those are the first climb-jumps, so theres water below the jump-area, player cant hurt himself when falling off.
[Linked Image]

Greets

Last edited by rayp; 06/20/21 04:45.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;