Hey @jcl!

I wanted to suggest two things, which (in my mind) would significantly improve gamestudio user experience yet with minimal effort.

1) - Official Lite-C extension for VSCode. Is it possible to get one from conitec? I started making my own one, but when it came to Lite-C grammar specific things (.tmLanguage.json) I gave up. It doesn't seems to be too hard for a person, who knows all ins and outs of Lite-C to be able to create extension. This would improve coding experience dramatically, since VSCode is featuring all the things (autocompletion, autoformatting instead of indenting, intellisense, etc) that SED is missing. At the end it also could be uploaded to VSCcode marketplace, so all newcomers would be able to set it up within few clicks! Atm, I was able to get Lite-C working with VSCode, but it's not fully working (supported), since I'm using official C extension which doesn't recognize Lite-C specific syntax. It's a bit tricky to get it up and running, and might be difficult for those, who may wanna try acknex out.

2) - Yesterday I've found out, that WED can open quake .map files. After googling for a while, I've came across TrenchBroom which seems to be the best (and modern) mapping tool atm for quake 1. I was able to create a level with it, which then was successfully opened in WED and compiled with the Map Compiler. Player's position was recognized as a camera position, light was recognized correctly as a static light. Even texture alignment worked correctly! Also it turns out that TrenchBroom's source is available on github under GNU General Public License v3.0. Aside from being an open source, TrenchBroom has a powerful manual + dozens of tutorials over the web. It can do anything level designer could only wish for. I think it would be a great replacement for WED and would take minimal effort forking it and adapting to GameStudio needs.

Trailer that shows TrenchBroom features: TrenchBroom 2 Trailer
Source code: TrenchBroom Git

Imported level showing working texture alignment.
[Linked Image]

Best regards!

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung