Originally Posted by jcl
I cannot tell when there will be a release, but I can tell that we have a noticeable to do list for it.

Lol. If you're being sarcastic, I see a keen intelligence there. If it's not sarcasm, I think you would make a great politician, because you're a master at not saying anything definitive, which is also a sign of keen intelligence. In this case there is nothing left for us but to show respect.

I'm sure that the to-do list is epicly long. Considering that you do not want to devote/spend time and resources to this issue, or that you cannot do it for financial reasons, it is obvious that this update will not come out. What we expect from you is to release small updates for important stuff. Maybe as a result, people will continue to use acknex and you will get new acknex customers through emerging projects. it's a win win situation. Or maybe even a small update takes more time and resources than I expected though. If that's the case, of course we can't insist. However, I'm not sure what is the case, since our communication consists of short sentences that are not precise, I cannot reach a definite judgment either. I'm just speculating.

Don't get me wrong. Frankly, I really respect you. Developing games was my dream. Without Acknex, I could not have made this dream come true. Because there is no other engine that is so easy to use and takes so little time to learn. I'm sure many people have entered this field and have done successful work thanks to acknex. I even know that one of them owns a game development studio now (of course they use another engine.) and he remembers Acknex with gratitude.

What I'm going to say is that you made a great engine, even though it's no longer being updated and it's lagging behind today's standards. I wish you hadn't thrown it away.

Best Regards!