Well i could cry. When playing a few minutes...the game randomly crashes. Means the engine just freeze without error message. Wow...great! First i thought its because the nexus gone over 500. But i reduced to 400 to test. Still, game crashes randomly after a few minutes.

Puhhh...iam pretty sure i just found the problem...at least i hope so...edit: still not sure.
After around 5 hours of bug-tracking iam almost sure i found one problem...a damaged path. For now i think pathfinding crashed and froze engine because of that broken path set in wed.
I made a function. This function spawned zombies in the air, and killed them, then they fall to ground with ragdoll. It run for ever without crashing. Then i realized that it seams only to happen on one place of the map laugh ...so after all this horror tonight, i guess i found the freeze-reason now.
edit: YES! Played some minutes...like a charm, no more crash. Have to finish this map now, cause i want you guys to play this grin
...and publishing works too!
[Linked Image]

Btw. 500mb nexus max is pretty low for a level, as it seams this is the limit for each map ( you can consume more memory, but for the map 500 seams to be the limit ). To be honest i never understood that nexus-thing.

edit:
Another crash removed laugh
For now i removed the random texture-usage of the zombies. As it seams iam using ent_cloneskin wrong. After a time engine throw up random errors like wrong wav/ogg file ending in a ugly vbC++ runtime crash message. It felt like a memory leak problem so i removed the ent_cloneskin stuff and the crash was gone...thanks god.

Have to read more about ent_cloneskin.
Guess i cant use it with my morphed - entity?

What a horror if random crashes appear only after minutes of playing. I dont understand why this not happened when i tested the zombie-spawning/morphing for minutes, cause of that broken path bug i found before.

But iam happy enough ive found the reason for the "random" crashes this time. I will try to make a work around, if not zombies will only use one texture. Its bad yes, but at least the game is running nice. This time i killed dozens of zombies, with full-cheated weapons, and no more crash...for now.

Last edited by rayp; 10/23/21 20:25.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;