Originally Posted by Dark_Saber
Is there a list of the terrible bugs somewhere I can look at? For example what in the manual isn't working as stated?
I'm sorry, but I guess the only person who (I hope) kept track of all bugs is jcl himself. Aside from that, feel free to browse 'Blame the Manual', 'Bug Hunt' and 'Ask the Developers' threads.

Just to backup my words, here are few problems/bugs I found after a brief searching:If you are really into it, I'm sure you'll be able to search/find even more bugs which were never fixed, but what's the point? If this engine was indeed a 'gem' it would be up and running nowadays, it was left by it's users for a good reasons.

From my personal experience, few things that I can recall:
  • build in physX plugin is full of bugs or limitations which make it impossible to use for commercial quality projects
  • it's almost impossible to debug your code
  • you will face some 'guess what?' kind of bugs when you make a commercial project (like crashing, because engine can't save anything into currently installed project, so you need to set save_dir to documents or games folder by hand via WinAPI and manual says nothing about it?)

pro version of the engine can't handle modern resolutions
I can only guess maybe it was related to ultrawide monitors? Anyways, you also should know, that there is no 'out of the box'/buildin solution for getting all monitor resolutions (also multimonitor is a bit tricky, but possible). You will make to make your own solutions with WinAPI (there are several ready to use solutions made by users, but no build in feature to this exists).

I'm not trying to convince you here, just wanted you to know more about the engine before purchasing the license. Because you as a newcomer might not know all the issues.
Anyways, welcome once again and good luck.

Edit:
terrible bugs
Those bugs might not be as terrible as they are in reality. But for me they are terrible, because all those never fixed bugs + jcl not giving a damn thing lead to the death of the GameStudio. Working with this engine for so long and seeing they way it died is very sad.

Last edited by 3run; 11/18/21 17:43.

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung