I would only add that something like Unity also has bugs. I hear Unity people complaining all the time, but yes, they are still releasing updates so that's fair.

I still think commercial games are feasible with Gamestudio, but set your expectations. They will likely not look as good as other engines without a ton of extra work. It is harder to get things to work at multiple resolutions etc... I have three 3D Gamestudio games on Steam and they are all in the positive to very positive range as far as reviews. But of course there have been a number of technical issues. Mos of those were my fault, but it's possible some were directly related to the engine.

One good thing is that Linux systems with WINE and Proton seem to be able to handle Gamestudio games fairly well.

I only mention this because a lot of newer Windows games seem to be designed to require certain hardware or software features that are not available on older systems. This makes them less likely to work on Linux.

Another thing I saw was how Unity handled their web player. They just stopped supporting it at one point, and all the games made for the web player stopped working. I guess this may have had more to do with the browsers and how they handled graphics, but it shows how easily a feature can get removed even in a modern engine like Unity.