Hello,

I'm currently running a test to see how both Zorro and MT4 behave with the MT4 bridge.

I use third party software (NSSM) to make sure that both programs run uninterrupted.

Today, MT4 stopped running unexpectedly, but NSSM made sure that it got re-started almost right away. I'm not sure why it crashed since there were no CPU or memory issues or error messages.

From the MT4 log:

2 16:11:22.516 Expert Zorro EURUSD,M1: removed
0 16:11:22.722 IG MT4 build 1353 stopped

As a result of this, Zorro wasn't able to re-connect again. The Status box showed the date and price from the previous session with a red box on the right. There were no error or warning messages.

I've waited for 30 seconds and did a manual attempt to re-connect by pressing Stop and Trade, but no luck.

After a few minutes there was still no re-connection. Then I restarted both Zorro and MT4. This re-established the MT4 bridge connection, but as a result all open demo trades were closed right after the re-connection.

I have 2 questions,

1. Is there a way that Zorro tries to re-connect with MT4 after a connection issue, say every 5-10 seconds?
2. How can I prevent that trades are automatically closed after a successful re-connection?

Thank you.

Last edited by Grant; 03/25/22 18:00.