Thanks,
The IB Gateway version was 10.14. This is important because I was testing with IB Gateway 10.18 this morning and I got the below error message from IBG.
I think now this is a time format issue in the IB.dll function "BrokerHistory2()".
I am off for today but I will investigate this further on Monday.

Download...
Login 0 IB..
!Open IB Socket 2.08
!Account XXXXXX at UTC 09-16 05:18
!End Date/Time: The date, time, or time-zone entered is invalid. The correct format is yyyymmdd hh:mm:ss xxx where yyyymmdd and xxx are optional. E.g.: 20031126 15:59:00 US/Eastern Note that there is a space between the date and time, and between the time and time-zone. If no date is specified, current date is assumed. If no time-zone is specified, local time-zone is assumed(deprecated). You can also provide yyyymmddd-hh:mm:ss time is in UTC. Note that there is a dash between the date and time in UTC notation. AAL-STK--0.00--SMART/ISLAND--USD
!AAL 09-10 01:01:00 to 09-16 05:18:39 failed
!End Date/Time: The date, time, or time-zone entered is invalid. The correct format is yyyymmdd hh:mm:ss xxx where yyyymmdd and xxx are optional. E.g.: 20031126 15:59:00 US/Eastern Note that there is a space between the date and time, and between the time and time-zone. If no date is specified, current date is assumed. If no time-zone is specified, local time-zone is assumed(deprecated). You can also provide yyyymmddd-hh:mm:ss time is in UTC. Note that there is a dash between the date and time in UTC notation. AAL-STK--0.00--SMART/ISLAND--USD
!AAL 09-10 01:01:00 to 09-16 05:17:39 failed
!End Date/Time: The date, time, or time-zone entered is invalid. The correct format is yyyymmdd hh:mm:ss xxx where yyyymmdd and xxx are optional. E.g.: 20031126 15:59:00 US/Eastern Note that there is a space between the date and time, and between the time and time-zone. If no date is specified, current date is assumed. If no time-zone is specified, local time-zone is assumed(deprecated). You can also provide yyyymmddd-hh:mm:ss time is in UTC. Note that there is a dash between the date and time in UTC notation. AAL-STK--0.00--SMART/ISLAND--USD.