Hi folks,

Just following up on the post from “mun” above, and have noticed the Zorro64 dll name dependency (for Zorro 2.50).

I have reduced the script to very basic functionality – it prints out “main” from main() and “INITRUN” from run().

When I manually compile the script in Visual Studio as a x32, it (Test.dll) loads and “tests” fine from Zorro(32). Testing from Zorro64 just prints two empty lines followed by the name of the script on the third line (in the Zorro64 status box) – no error message.

When I compile the script in Visual Studio as a x64, in Zorro(32) it tries to load (when Test is clicked) and then produces an Error 061: invalid DLL (….). This is expected behaviour.

When I load/Test the same x64 dll strategy file in Zorro64, it just does the same as previous - prints the two empty lines followed by the name of the script - nothing else. It does the same when it loads other x32 strategy files (two empty lines and the name of the file).

When I rename the x64 dll strategy file to Test64.dll, the Script retains the same name in Zorro64 but it now executes properly. Zorro64 is truncating the 64 from the name of the dll file (i.e. If I rename the x64 dll to Test6464.dll, Zorro64 shows the name as Test64).

Lastly, if I rename a x32 dll strategy file to include 64 at the end of the name, Zorro64 then tells me that it’s an invalid DLL. I can’t think why I would do this in reality – just including for completeness.

So Zorro64 is using the ending part of the compiled strategy dll to figure out if should be executed as a x64. If it’s not present, then Zorro64 won’t even try to execute it as a x64. While “64” has no meaning in a script source name, it does indeed have a meaning in the compiled dll name (as far as Zorro64 is concerned).

It took me a few hours of mucking about today to see what I was doing wrong. I couldn’t find anything in the documentation indicating that I need to rename the x64 Visual Studio compiled .dll to get it working in Zorro64 - perhaps this could be included in future versions of the documentation.

Regards,

Kieran

Last edited by Sc1entia; 10/15/22 16:55.