Yeah, i was going to say GameStudio A8 came around when iPhone 4S was released and was last updated long before iPhone4S was last updated.
I mean you can still use an iPhone 4S, but do you want to? Most of the apps won't work and soon carriers will drop 3G support, so you can't even use it as a phone.

Don't get me wrong, i love GameStudio and it has a special place in my heart - but that's a nostalgic place.

I would not use it for a new project anymore. Not that i do not want to but depending on your project A8 is straight up not an option. No mobile support, no console support. Supports only windows and directx9(which will probably be also dead in a couple of years).
Intel's latest ARC GPUs and integrated graphics on last 2 gen of CPUs do not support directx9 they rely on a translation layer developed by microsoft. Other gpu companies will probably follow suit in a couple of generations.

If you want your game to be alive in 2030 though, you can probably integrate that translation layer in to A8, it's open source: https://github.com/microsoft/D3D9On12
But that's like trying to integrate a 5G modem in to an iPhone4S grin

Edit: Well, yeah, windows currently does that conversion automatically for you. But come 2030, that layer will probably won't be in windows 15 so you will have to do it yourself.

Last edited by Quad; 11/05/22 15:46.