Sorry if this post is ridiculous. Thanks in advance if you make it through this monstrosity.

I think Zorro is the best thing since sliced bread so please don't get me wrong.

I've read the manual over and over. I've watched videos. I've tried all kinds of variations of BarZone and BarMode like this and that...

BarMode = BR_LOCAL;
AssetMarketZone = ET;
AssetMarketStart = 0930;
AssetMarketEnd = 1615;

//BarZone = EST;
//BarMode = BR_MARKET;

I don't understand it. I don't understand what the Market column of the Assets.csv file does.

Frankly the examples in the manual seem thin and kind of not-so-mainstream. Maybe I just need some sleep.

Tradestation has the symbol.D files and that excludes the night sessions which is what I want to do.

But I'm getting my data from MT4 platform so all that dirty night data is there. I've also got some from Tradestation and Sierra Charts too and need some basis for understanding those data in Zorro.

I'll open a support ticket if I must but maybe there are other threads or explanations how all this works because I'm making it way too complicated.

I wish somebody could help me conceptualize this because I hit the wall.

Here's how I think about it.

I can put a timezone like zzz:begintime-endtime in the Market column of the assets_blah.csv file.

My broker is Eightcap for this example. On the MT4 platform it seems like the time is UTC+2? Or minus 2 - I can't remember now. Does it matter?

On the MT4 chart, the Dow30 15 minute chart looks like it starts the day session at 15:30. That is 6 hours after 9:30. Then the last bar must me 22:00 (16:00 + 6hrs).

It looks like Zorro always uses UTC time - so it automatically converts all the files to the same time? I don't get it. That probably helps a ton and I'm trying to code around it.

So what do I put in the Market column in the Asset.csv?

UTC:15:30-23:45?
EST:9:30-16:00?

Should I leave it blank and use code?

Then what do I put in the script?

Do I still use the AssetMarketStart or is it automatically converted?

I run the backtest and the bars don't look like the day session and it is hard to debug.

Maybe a watch statement would help?

I just need some real world English explanation because the way the manual is written just loops my brain in to a big pile of spaghetti.