=====
Aum108
=====

Q: File_var_write writes the variables separating them with a space, but I would like them to be separated by a comma. How can I do that?
Q: I have a text with 10 strings. How do I display them one by one, with a delay of 5 seconds between them?
Q: The script I am working with uses a panel with several buttons that are loading different levels. Nevertheless, the panel will not disappear from the screen after the level loads behind it. Is there any script example that removes the panel when I click a button to run the level?
Q: -d name=[value] Through this instruction, a user can change variables in the script. Isn't this dangerous? Is there a way to disable this once the game is published?
Q: How do I make sure that my entities are carried from one level to the other properly, always appearing in the right position?
Q: Is there a simple solution that would allow me to adjust the color of my rocks (models) in real time, displaying their RGB values of the screen?
Q: I'd like to generate nine balls that have random movement directions and random speeds, reacting to collisions with each other and with the other entities in the level.
Q: How do you count the number of entities that have a certain skill set to a certain value? Counting them in Wed is almost impossible in my situation.
Q: What tool are you using to compile the AUMs, George?
Q: How can I use the entity's string1 to set its name in Wed, and then display it when the mouse pointer is moved over it?

=====
Aum109
=====

Q: I need a "waving grass" effect. I know it is changing the entity pan if I remember well, but I don't know the whole code. If you can help me, I would be very grateful!
Q: I want to have a panel that allows the user to enter his name, and then displays it on the main menu,
Q: Is there any way to add an action to a terrain entity that was already loaded? The name of the terrain is small.hmp
Q: Is it possible to change the texture of a wmb entity at run time?
Q: My enemy dies when it is hit with a bullet. However, it will also die if the player is running into it or if a fellow enemy touches it.
Q: In the map editor I created 5 enemies that use the same action. The problem is that if one enemy dies the rest die too.
Q: I am looking for a way to draw lines, pixels and shapes on bitmaps during run time. Basically I am looking for a way to draw on objects. Can anyone help me out with this please?
Q: Mouse_ent seems to show a lot of info about the sprite or model its over but not the type. I need to click on and remove only a randomly created sprite entity during game play and not be able to remove models, etc.
Q: How can I disable the buttons of a PANEL?
Q: Is there a possibility to let a path emit particles?

=====
Aum110
=====

Q: How can I create a vertical door that opens when the player approaches it and closes by itself when the player moves away from it?
Q: How do I create timed doors that open when the player approaches them and close after a few seconds, no matter if the player is near them or far away?
Q: How do you create a door that locks the player in a room until it defeats an enemy?
Q: How do you create a door trigger? A piece of geometry is placed in the level, made invisible, and given a trigger behavior. Then a door skill is set to match. When the player approaches the trigger, the door opens and stays open.
Q: What is an easy way of counting how many entities of a certain type (for example guard.mdl) are present in a level?
Q: My friend is trying to play my game on his laptop and because the resolution needs to be smaller than 1024x768 it automatically switches to 800x600. How do I stop it from doing that?
Q: Would it slow down my game to run several c_scan instructions at once? Say like 25 enemies and the player.
Q: I have a 2048 * 2048 pixels texture. Is it better to scale it down to 0.250 of its original size (512 * 512 pixels) in WED, or to simply scale down the original texture in my image editor?
Q: How do you restart a project? In other words, how to you execute the main script again, in order to retry a mission if the player has lost its life?
Q: How can you check if a specific game save file exists before loading?

=====
Aum111
=====

Q: I need a snippet that runs at game start, asks the player to input his name, and then writes it in a player.txt file. How do I do that?
Q: I need to know how many quants an entity moves per frame.
Q: How can I simulate day / night transitions?
Q: I would like to have several enemies run their c_scan instructions, but I want to save CPU resources when the player is away from them. How do I do that?
Q: What is the best way to make a chain link fence?
Q: How do you change the default game screen color from blue to another color?
Q: I need a security camera that is triggered when the player enters a certain area, but it is reset when the player leaves the area (after a period of time)
Q: I need to play a movie with media_play and want the program to wait until the movie has finished before continuing with the next line of code.
Q: I want to adjust the volume of the snd_loop using hslider. Can anyone help me?
Q: Just wanted to ask if anyone knows a way to make specific panel buttons visible or invisible.

=====
Aum112
=====

Q: How can I make entity's tilt & roll angles adjust according to the terrain normal? I know that this can be done, because it is implemented in the Car Demo project.
Q: Can I see a simple level_loadendless example that makes the camera hover above the unlimited, terrain-based level?
Q: I wish to read the content of a file into a string, including all the carriage returns (\r) and line feeds (\n) characters. My problem is that the functions that come with Gamestudio appear to cut out carriage returns and line feeds no matter what I do.
Q: Should I make my sprites bigger, and then scale them down to produce better looking graphics?
Q: How can you check if a specific save file exists before loading?
Q: Does anyone know where to get the Aum 1 to 100 collection?
Q: I'd need code for a player that moves along the Y axis and at a certain Y value to trigger an ambient sound file.
Q: I'm working with the Shooter Template from AUM. Does anyone know how to get the elevator to move downwards?
Q: I want to ask if there is any possibility to get the number of frames of an animation scene?
Q: Does anyone know how to display a variable over a model? What I mean is that when the player walks up to a model, he can see a number that can change its value on top of it.

=====
Aum114
=====

Q: I want to add a 3D model to my level; it should load a random texture from an external file every time the level is run. Please help me with some code.
Q: I need to open a web page from inside my game.
Q: Can someone give me an example how to make a panel rotate?
Q: Is there any way to use a true type font without installing it?
Q: How can I display a string of text in the center of the screen? I know how to properly center a bmap panel on screen using screen_size.x, but I can't center a string of text. I am using true type system fonts, so the characters aren't equally spaced.
Q: Does anybody know how can I change the sky cube after loading a new level?
Q: I am trying to find a function that will allow me to place a vertical scroll bar on the right of a selection of items, and if I click and drag the scroll bar up and down, it will allow me to see the list of items going up and down. Is there a function for this?
Q: I want to implement a quick motion effect.
Q: Is there an easy way to dump the names of all the models in my game folder to a .txt file?
Q: My computer has 4 GB of RAM, which isn't that great, and WED seems to take up 1.8 GB of RAM with my current level. It's definitely caused by the skins of the models used for the level structure; each model has 4 x 1024 pixels textures. Any way to bring down the RAM usage without adjusting the skin size?

=====
Aum115
=====

Q: I need the code for a mouse that runs out of a hole, follows a path, and then returns to its home. Then, everything repeats over and over. Can you help?
Q: I use a water bitmap in my level. I can pass through it, but if it is placed horizontally, it is a barrier. 'Passable' is ticked, and I have tried using 'my.passable=on'. Please help!
Q: I have a lamp over a desk. How can I turn it on and off by clicking it with the mouse?
Q: I would like a fade-in & fade-out snippet for my music. It is designed to fade in a tense music loop if the enemy can see you, and then stop where it was and fade back out if the enemy can't see you anymore.
Q: A local Computer retailer has agreed to allow me to test run some of my project on his stores different gaming PCs. However I am not allowed to move the .exe or program folder on to the HDD, instead I must run it from a USB flash drive. Since there is a difference between read speeds of high end HDDs and USB flash drives, can I expect a slowdown in game execution and/or level load times?
Q: Is there a simple way in Gamestudio to receive an event when a mouse button is released?
Q: Where can I change the height of the eyes of the player (camera) in the shooter template code?
Q: I need a door that opens when a bullet is fired at it, not just when the player runs into it. Can you help?
Q: How can I make a flying camera that can go anywhere in the level, but doesn't pass through other entities?
Q: How can I check if the enemy can see the player? I have tried to use c_trace, but it always returns a positive number, even if there are no obstacles between the player and the enemy.

=====
Aum116
=====

Q: How can I make an entity that can be picked up appear near the player, in an area that can range from -1000 to +1000 quants around the player on the x and y axis and at z = 0?
Q: How can I create a drawbridge? In the game, when the player clicks a switch, the drawbridge should be lowered.
Q: How do I set up the path patrolling direction in Wed?
Q: I have a dragon model, and I am trying to create a fireball entity breathe out of its mouth and move toward the player.
Q: How can I create an on-screen keyboard with keys that can be clicked using the left mouse button?
Q: Does anyone have the code for a combo animation?
Q: I want to make a flying rocket that is generated from a fixed launcher every five seconds and hits a wall in front of it, exploding on impact.
Q: I am trying to create a panel with a button. When the button is clicked, it should display an image inside the panel's frame. The image should disappear when you click it.
Q: How can I make my NPC open a door? I have a hard time trying to make it do that.
Q: The player clicks the "create new character" button and you have to enter its name, which is then saved to a file on the hard drive. How do I do that?

=====
Aum117
=====

Q: How do I display several planet images, in a random order, on my spaceship's control panel?
Q: I have textured a model using a TGA image with alpha channel. When I run the level that includes it, I get a "Can't create D3D SKIN1.PCX" error. What should I do?
Q: How do I make a timer that shuts down my game demo after 5 minutes, showing the time that's left to play at the top of the screen?
Q: How can I draw lines from point A to point B on the screen?
Q: How can I create a satellite that rotates around a planet? The rotation speed should be customizable.
Q: Could you please update your "particles attached to mouse pointer" code from Aum65's FAQ? It doesn't work with the latest engine version.
Q: Can I make the mouse cursor visible only in the upper corners of the screen? I'd like to be able to click the game panels without pressing an additional key.
Q: I'd like to have an NPC display a line of text over its head whenever it is visible to the camera. Is this possible?
Q: It would be fun to have a star wars rolling text. I found an old wdl example in Aum. Is there anyone kind enough to turn it into lite-C?
Q: How can I make my main menu panel fill the entire screen, regardless of the video resolution?

=====
Aum118
=====

Q: How can I create an object that uses c_scan to damage the player when it is nearby?
Q: How do I create a totally transparent panel with visible buttons?
Q: How do I create a menu that opens up when I click one of my RTS units?
Q: How do I make an entity "wake up" (play a lively animation) when the mouse pointer if over it?
Q: I'd like to have a camera that rotates around the player, showing its surroundings, while a key is being pressed. The camera should return to a 3rd person perspective after I release the key.
Q: How do I load a different level, depending on the hallway that the player chooses?
Q: How do I put a rotating siren on top of my police car? It should rotate and move with the car at all times, of course.
Q: How do I complete a small puzzle for kids by simply running into its pieces?
Q: How do you create a 3D arrow that points down at a particular NPC who is moving on a path?

=====
Aum119
=====

Q: I've got some damage code from one of the AUMs working fine in my game. But how can I create a visual effect that looks like a red laser barrier which moves up and down at all times?
Q: I need code for a player/NPC combo. The NPC should start playing its "talk" animation when the player comes close and is looking at it. Can you help?
Q: How do I fade out my soundtrack after the player clicks the "Start" game button, before loading the level?
Q: I'd need some code for a little bunny that jumps for several seconds, rests for several seconds, and can avoid obstacles. Is it possible to do that?
Q: How do I reduce the size of my game? Right now, the published version has over 500MB!
Q: The player has to control 3 team members. How do I code it, so that a player becomes active and starts moving forward when it is clicked? When one of the other team members is clicked, the first team member should stop and the second member should start moving, etc.
Q: How do I code 5 weapons that can be selected by pressing the 1...5 buttons on the keyword?
Q: How do I create a patrolling entity that has a working flashlight attached to its helmet?
Q: I am building my levels using models. How do I create a function that writes down the coordinates for all their vertices to a file?

=====
Aum120
=====

Q: How do you trigger a dramatic music loop when the player enters a certain area and fade it out when it leaves the area?
Q: How do I manipulate all the entities (trees) that have been placed in Wed and have their skill1 set to 199? I know that I can create individual pointers and attach an action to each tree, but that would be overkill...
Q: How do I create a home cinema room that plays a small movie in a loop?
Q: How do I make my enemies change their skins to their more and more bruised versions as they get hit?
Q: How can I measure player's reaction speed after a sound is being played (in an accurate manner)?
Q: How do I code a bunch of spiders that are constantly chasing the player?
Q: How do I password-protect my game? Only the players who know the password should be able to play it!
Q: I'd need some code for a smart (creepy?) NPC that follows the player, but only when he isn't looking. Once that the NPC comes in sight, it should stop and play its "stand" animation, but switch to "walk" and move towards the player fast when he isn't looking at the NPC.
Q: How do I create a zoom in/out system? I am using a top view player/camera combo and I have tried to use camera.arc to do it, but I don't like the resulting fisheye lens effect. Is there another way?