Quote:

what's the point of modeling the kill bill character for this contest? it won't be useable... maybe i didn't get the idea of this contest but i think the polygon limit should be < 3000 and why isn't animation a necessity? how can a non-animated character replace the ones which come with 3dgs?

Well the rules were clearly stated before the contest commenced. However, there may be slight errors along the lines. Yes, the Kill Bill character is not really appropriate. However, the main key issue is that we create a character that is stunning to the rest of forum users. This is why we need to try as hard as we can to convince them of our abilities and strengths within our work. This is exactly why the contest duration is 2 weeks. The polycount is mainly a guideline but we are looking for quality amongst engine performance too. Obviously, performance is an important factor but quality is also vital because we need to really jaw drop everyone with our models. Imputting these finished models into the engine is optional for the winner. We are also looking into the possibility that conitec could transfer written permission to get the more older models replaced by our updated models. This is one thing I thought when I first bought 3DGS. I thought that the models looked very old (no offence to the makers though).

We will see what happens. I was going to model Yoshimitsu from Tekken but I knew it wouldn't fit the criteria of the contest . Unfortunately, Uma Thurman doesn't really fit into the fantasy genre and there are copyright laws issued. However, from the words of 'Anne Robinson': It's votes that count .

Also, I should have said in my 1st post:

Any violation of the contest rules may enable forum users to dismiss their vote for the contestant if they wish.

So basically, for instance, if I decided to create a character will 10k triangles, you are entitled to not vote for me because I didn't follow the rules.

Also, at the end of the contest, each contestant must submit their specifications of the model as accurately as possible.

By the way, if the winning contestant can't animate and their model is accepted for the A6 engine by Conitec, you may ask someone to animate it for you if anybody is willing to.

Last edited by Toz; 07/23/05 22:47.