Hey

As some of you know I'm working on an Ingame Map and Material Editor at the moment. There are many Map Editors (especially WED ) around here so maybe you asked why you should use THIS Editor. I'll explain it to you:

The specialty of this editor is, that you do everything ingame. Example: You play your game as normal (to include the editor, you only have to write include <map_editor.wdl>; in your main script) and you run through your level. Suddendly you see a wrong material, a missing/needless model, wrong settings, wrong skills on an entity or sth. like that. In the normal case you would have to quit your game, change the Settings, restart your game, test the settings etc.
With this editor you will only have to click one key and an interface will pop up (game will be frozen). Now you change the specific/wrong setting. After that you make the interface interface invisible by clicking the key again, and now you can play your game with the new settings.

Next specialty. This changes are not only made Ingame. The editor changes the wmp/$$m (for entities) and wdl (for materials) files independantly, and builds at the end of the Game (of course in "entities only" mode.. -> will take only 1-2 seconds).
So after a restart all changes settings (Skills/Positions/Angles/Flags/Material Settings/Create Entities&Materials/ Delted Entities&Materials) are the same as you've setted them in the editor.

At the moment this editor is planed to be free for everyone.

There is still a lot of work to do, but the main and most difficult parts are finished. And never forget.. I'm always looking foreward to further feature-suggestions.
At the end here are some screenshots of the editor:

As always in my Projects: Level/2D graphics by SFMAT4, Programming made by me
have a nice day and sorry for some english grammer/spelling faults.

critisim, suggestions and and and are welcome

Triple-X