I have just finished re-scanning this thread - to reacquaint myself with the tool and it's progress.

To start, a quote from August 19, 2005 (first posting), "At the moment this editor is planed to be free for everyone." Seems like this has changed. With the "information" to-date, it appears it will be included in a7, and available to all other previous versions as a commercial addon. After waiting 6 months, is disappointing to discover the orginal intent has changed, and appears to be a bit "leading" to foster interest for a commercial product.

That being said, doesn't bother me as I would have paided for the editor. Does aggrevate me abit that users were lead to believe one thing only to discover after six months another situation.

I congratulate TripleX on a job well done and certainly don't bemoan him compensation for his excellent work. But now that release dates, updates and general maintenence are being handled by conitec, I will pass. Even if the project continues to be headed up by TripleX, given conitec's past record of slow updates and buggy first or second releases, I will just continue to use the tools that were included when I purchased 3dGS or other commercial tools. Have served me well so far. For what it is, 3dGS is still the best "bang for the buck" gaming system.

At such time that I may consider a7, seems it will be available as part of the package.

As a side note to developers of addons, additions, ect - whether gratus (free) or commercial, I suggest that you post NO information prior to a v.9 beta with less than 10% work to completion. That way, readers here will know that the tool will be available SHORTLY. If once it is released, and additions/corrections are to be made, posters can continue to use the tool while waiting for new implementations; or if the software is to go commercial, users have had the chance to try it and decide if they want to purchase. Creates less confusion. It's the way the "big boys" (profession software companies) do it.

Sincerely.

Some electrons may have been harmed in transmission, but most were caught in the "electronic condom" and recycled.