Quote:

To start, a quote from August 19, 2005 (first posting), "At the moment this editor is planed to be free for everyone." Seems like this has changed. With the "information" to-date, it appears it will be included in a7, and available to all other previous versions as a commercial addon. After waiting 6 months, is disappointing to discover the orginal intent has changed, and appears to be a bit "leading" to foster interest for a commercial product.
(..)
Does aggrevate me abit that users were lead to believe one thing only to discover after six months another situation.

Thats correct and I'm sorry I had to change the first proposal (but as I said. At the moment the editor is planed to be free) Tough you shouldn't forget that at first the editor should be a small level editor and mainly a small ingame material editor, which MUCH less features.
This has changed since I work for conitec.

Quote:

But now that release dates, updates and general maintenence are being handled by conitec, I will pass.

Thats absolutly wrong. It depends on me. To calm you down: There is no clause which force me to release the editor after the release of Game-Edit in A7 => The editor will be released when its finished, not earlier and not later.

Quote:

As a side note to developers of addons, additions, ect - whether gratus (free) or commercial, I suggest that you post NO information prior to a v.9 beta with less than 10% work to completion

normally that is also my attitude. But in this special case, as this program will be sold to Conitec I decided to post informations etc. in order to get the customer the chance to suggest features or cirtizice (Example: The 2nd interface which was rejected by the most in this forum. I personally would have used this interface which would have led to a worse product).
Conitec has been often critizied not to read futur posts or not to react on them. While the developing of this Editor I give you the chance to influence the development, and wish you features you want to have (as you also had in the morbious poll).
This wouln't be possible if I post here after version 0.9
BTW: As this Post started, I thought it was the 0.9 Version...
BTW2: I am no big boy. I'm only a hobby programmer

As a sitenote for the people who say that the disposal to conitec will affect the product quality. That is true. But in postive way. Without the "motivation of the money" you would see much less features (like the terrain and many model editing features) and much more bugs.
Freeware is fine, no question. But the product quality won't be the same with a com. project.

To the release dates: Everyone who ever programmed a bigger tool, knows that its almost impossible to give exact release dates. I'm working +2 hourse every day atm.
In the future I wont give release dates anymore. Because of the many possible (and inpossible ) problems, because of the many design questions, because of the infintive possiblitys of bugs, and the much features.

TripleX