Ok ...

software development is about 1.) writing the GUI shell (which is akin to defining what your application will or will not do - like an outline), 2.) writing the core engine to accomplish that which you defined in part 1, 3.) releasing an alpha to a group of testers for examination, 4.) a beta to a larger - most times non-affliated - users and 5.) Release of v1.0. While a forum platform can be used to simulate some of these steps, it is misleading most times to the readers/poster whereas a tangible application in hand is a "hardcopy" that an user can interact with.

I have several applications I have written "in-house" (code named "chyrsalis") that I have used in my game development that I fully plan to release to the 3dgs community. I have finished the GUI (it's being written in Delphi Enterprise) and could release screenshots for your consideration. In fact - here is a compilation .jpg of the GUI - versions 1 and 2. I show these to make my point. Even if I described to you what the app is meant to do and ask for your input, I don't have a working version that I would feel confortable releasing to the community at this point and as such wouldn't start a thread. It wouldn't benefit you or me. Whereas you may look at screenshots and think, that doesn't appear to work or be an effective UI, with the application in hand, running you may then understand the logic and flow behind the design.

Granted, we have a forum for GAMES -> showcase 1. And a WIP game is much different than a tool as levels, lighting, shaders, particle effects ... are subjective. In that respect, input from fellow game developers is welcomed and even cherished. A tool is abit of a different situation in my opinion.

As I said previously, I applaud TripleX for being able to make money. He's done GREAT work in the past. But as even he acknowledges - the original intent (free) has changed. I had the same happen to me, on my post in Showcase II - "the unKnowing". Publisher is now interested. I am under non-disclosure. I announced that to the forum in a post in the thread, and told them there would be no more screenshots or discussions - ect, effectively closing the thread. I know that in December - TripleX did much the same when he announced the tool had been sold and intimated it was bought by conitec (and I might add, an interesting way he did it without violating non-disclosure/contract details). Thread, in my opinion, should have ended there. I had to backtrack from the end (QUITE a few posts later) to discover it had indeed been sold. As I said previously, I would have paid for it regardless.

These again are just my opinions. But I have seen alot of posts here that show this or that for inpending projects, ect with lots of user input and excitement only to find out after getting excited about a potentional useful situation, anticipating for 1,2 or even 6 months that things have changed or are nonexistent. My intent here was to express that and suggest that developers don't post unless they have something more tangible to offer; or create a forum properly entitled, "what I hope to accomplish" so that a reader hasn't any misleading expectations.

Applogize if this appears to be a rant, but I read/review far too many forums expecting things that never come to fruition. Don't want this useful forum to go down that road.

Sincerely.

Some electrons may have been harmed in transmission, but most were caught in the "electronic condom" and recycled.