Quote:

i wonder how they did the road making in freeworld 3d?!? such a feature would be nice too triplex

I found these quotes in another thread regarding the feature, as well as, a river carving tool:

Quote:

Yes, I'm actually working on it at the moment. The create river is done, it simply carvs out a river path. But I'm converting it from the Heightmap dialog to being able to carve a river in the viewport, since it seems much more intuitive that way.

As for the road creation, I'm about 40% through with it. It can already create a road from a starting point and an end point, and you specify how steep any part of the road is allowed to be as well as the width of the road. Then it generates a path along the terrain adjusting the vertices correctly.

Right now it only affects the vertices right under the draw path, it does not take into the width of the road, but I have already come up with a simple solution to do this.

Also, I was thinking about also having an option to duplicate the triangles for the road and create an actual mesh which lies on top of the terrain, which can then be textured with a road image, and even have the lines in the road image match up with the direction of the path.

Quote:

You simply place points on the terrain for the road, specify to use linear or spline interpolation between them.......so you can visualize the road in 3D...

then you would click a button to have it adjust the heights of each road point so again, you could visualize what it would look like........

then the last step would be to build the geometry.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links