Hello,

At first I want to answer the most important question: Why is the development of GameEdit taking so long? The main problem is the save/load system of GameEdit. It's REALLY difficult to read/write an extern format (even if it's ascii) - wmp and $$M - with c-script commands in a pretty fast way.
It took me about 3 months to get this system bug-free and working.
Tough there are some bad-points: 1) speed (~20 seconds for a big level), 2) upwards/downwards compatibility 3) BUGS
I hope you can understand that I just can not take the responsibility for a bug in the save-system that causes 1000s of maps to be destroyed.
Of course this would be a worst case, but it's possible.
That's why the development of the Save/Load system took that long.

Now after three months I got a DLL of Conitec for Loading/Saving WMP/$$M Files, because of upwards/downwards compatibility.
I've tested this DLL. Results? 1)Bugs are not possible anymore (and if so they are the one of conitec ) 2) speed is fast (0.5 seconds for a big level => 400% faster loading), 3) upwards/downwards compatibility for ever

You might ask why I'm not happy? I'm thinking and worrying about the last 3 months. About all the testing I've made. All the nerves lost in this damn save code (WED: Invalid line:XXX got my "best" friend ).

But okay I'm now some experiences richer.I'm a young developer and maybe somedays I'll learn to ask my employer before if they have a better system than I can program in a long time.
You wont have to fear now that GameEdit will destroy your map. You will enjoy 400% faster loading times (as I said, 0.5 seconds instead of 25 seconds for a level with 1500 entities) and saving times.
So overall a good development for GameEdit (and for you), an annoying experience for me )

So lets hope for a good end of the development now. Without bugs and with a good load/save system
I have to say sorry,
greetings,
Timo Stark