Excellent..

so i guess you're using the same window as from WED. I was kinda hoping you'd parse the wdl files yourself or maybe use the feedback from Doug's dll to create your own GUI for it, so you could possible make them a bit prettier and more flexible.

With a few options in everything's fine, but you can start seeing how bulky they can get in Doug's weapons00.wdl where there are 18 weapons to configure.

In my panels, i enable users to input their own sound filenames for things that AI agents may scream every once in a while. I support 8 different voices with 20 different phrases each and 3 variations for each phrase. Here's the results..

watch the scrollbar.. it goes down forever.. there's even a limit that prevents move than a number of fields to be displayed in a panel.

I know this is something i should be talking to Doug about, but i was thinking that since gameEdit will most probably be the engine's cool new way to make levels, you'd want to improve that part as well. Although i find the idea of having those panels edit the wdl files directly a bit unorthodox, right now it's the only feature we got to link designers with programmers(so a non-programmer can actually create a good game). With the combination of GameEdit and a bit more flexible version of those panels, gamestudio gets a good chance to actually become as user friendly as FPS Creator for someone who doesn't program.

well, just my thoughts.. keep up the good work
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!