@Zio: Shotgun deals a great deal of damage on short-range so the Bot can get a one-shot kill this way. Other than that, every weapon has its own advantages. I explain them a little bit here. They're perfectly balanced, cause I didn't do it, ID Software did.
The Rocket Launcher deals 100 damage, so if you needed two to kill the Bot, he most probably had the Green Armor on.

My favourite weapon for killing the bot is the shotgun, then plasma gun, then the rocket launcher. I'm not really fond of the chaingun though, I never did.

@Rhuarc: I use templates 6 for the animation, movement and physics. Doug did a terribly good job there and I couldn't think of a better system to start with. So far I'm very pleased with it and everything works great with the Ai. The mouse sensitivity suited my tastes as well, but if lots of people don't like it, I'll slow it down and make a new version.

As for the walking speed, it's the same. If you don't want to take my word for it, press F7 which will put you in the Bot's eyes. He just seems to be going crazy fast cause he's moving around all the time. I'm not really sure about the aiming though, I'll check it out later, right now I'm on a break

No jumping!!! The Bot can't jump so you don't jump either, those are the rules . When he's ready to jump, I'll enable it back for the player as well:).

After all, you couldn't jump or crouch in Doom II either . Why do you think I chose that game in the first place?

BTW, Intense Ai will work equally well for projects with or without Templates 6. I worked hard so it will be compatible both ways and will keep working independently of the version of Templates you're using or even if you're not using them at all.

I'm just saying that, cause I know it's an issue by many:)

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!