Hey,
I need some help setting up the env_mapping shader out of the wiki. I have been working with this for two days and have tried everything I know but still nothing useable has come from it. What I have is a coin. I want to control the reflections of the env-map with the alpha just like the information on the shader says you can do, but I’m not having any luck. What I get is a darkened overlay on my model. Her are some pics.

No material on the coins.

Env_mapp shader with a 50% alpha

Env_mapp with 100% white alpha

As you can see I’m not getting the desired effect, all I get as I change the alpah percentage is a draker coin and not a coin with an env_mapp

Here is my env-mapp that I’m using

And the texture and it's alpha

Can anyone offer any pointers? I want the coins to reflect the env map as they turn about. Also, I am rotating them with the c_rotate command. Judging from the color that my coins are with full blown alpha it looks like the top section of the env_map is being used all over the coin. Is that possible? If so, what is causing it to do that instead of projecting the entire env map? All help is appreciated. Thanks

edit**FYI: GeForce 6600**

Last edited by MentalAbyss; 11/15/05 00:11.

A6 Developer, Contractor and Content Producer. See our digital goods for sale at www.GameKnack.com Ask about our contract services for models, scripts and level design at www.MentalAbyssStudios.com