I think that people should have the opportunity to work together on a project that is unfunded to learn from it and what if it was successful. If your first couple of games are bound to be failures as advertised - then pouring money into them doesn't make a lot of sense to me and younger people are the less likely to get proper funding anyway.

Why not leave them alone and let them form a no pay until published team - as long as they are being honest about it. They need the experience. How are they going to get it?

Quote:

I don't think paying for work will quarantee a money making project any more than finding people to help for cheap or free

It is a proven fact that the availabililty of funds does not increase the success rate. Heaps of money will not guarantee success. If you look at the top ten reasons why projects fail - only one of them deals with money. And it deals with the mismanagement of it by not properly tracking project costs - a management error. Running out before the project ends because of improper estimates and tracking. But even if you can't run out of money - because you have more than you need - the project can still fail...for the other nine very popular reasons.

Last edited by Jamie_Lynn; 01/05/06 05:27.