Hi there,
Just to get the point, I want my levels with loads of shaders but Ive had conflicts of opinion as to if it works well in GS. The best thing is for me to test Matts engine in the level I am making. It is great that people like Matt and Triple x are forging ahead with great add ons.

Its hard for me as I am an desinger/3D artist so I have to learn the programming terms.

One point is I am really keen to talk about sebcrea, is your idea to use zbrush
after your low res models are in place to create normal maps.

That is exactly what I want to do, make an initial prototype level without normals and shaders then add in and assess performance etc.

I work in 3DS max 8 and will shortly buy zbrush for its modelling capabilites.
A lot of artists say its best to make the high res version first.
Im from the side where I prefer to make a sound low res version in max then import it into z brush and develop it as high res for normal maps.

Im sorry im mentioning other programmes but I think its relevant to my use of GS to create realtime levels.

For example, I made a dam level last year, the models are low res. I would like to think I could import them into brush then start to paint on all the cracks, bricks etc. Then use that as the normal.

So my strategy would be to make the low res test level first then add the shaders. Shoot me down in flames, im open to criticism and learning. Ive worked in 3ds max for 6 years but im new to realtime engine work since last year.......

Anyway, its all good to see good work being made in GS.
James.