These screens may not look like Unreal 3, but they sure are pretty looking. Why do people complain when a game requires a graphics card better than the one they have to run? Go to your local retailer and play the demo. If you dont like the game, you dont have to upgrade. Is bad word of mouth painting the game as flashy with no substance? Dont upgrade. Maybe theres a reason why these games sell, maybe people actually do have the money to upgrade for a game and games to come.

I dont see how this is different than Quake 1 requiring a graphics accelerator to run. This was revolutionary at the time, but now look at every computer now. You basically need to have a GPU of some sort nowadays. Now you need a GPU with whatever pixel shader hoo-hah to run the coolest looking games. And beleive me when I say this, I have a crap video card and I dont feel "out of the loop" and "poor" to buy a new graphics card.

Frank_g your stuff looks nice.

"That sounds not like appreciation. It sounds like it could be done in a few minutes, easy dumb stuff, you could do it if you would like that style but hey, fortunately you don't like it"

No its kinda like an abbreviated version of what Im trying to say. When someone says they want to "make a game", they just enveloped about a million different aspects of game development into 3 words. 3 simple words entitles modelling, animation, texturing, sound, story, testing and etc. Yet they arent belitting the process of game development are they? You think I am berating the process, but I am not, its more the style thats being used over again. Doom 3 "kinda" started that style, and everyone follows. It's the same with cel shaded characters/environments, bullet time in film, and talking animals in countless animated movies.

"There were no appreciation at all as if you could do all that better than the artists out there"

where are you getting this information? Please tell me if there is some hidden text I had put into my post, because I cant find it. Once again a developer brings into question the "talent" of the person critiquing. My talent has nothing to do with my opinion. No one's talent should.

You're not as unique as you think you are, try again.