Quote:

No, that's not what I am saying, I say a game which shows people how the world really is, is wrong. That destroys the reason why people are playing games: They want to escape the real world.

Actually, we just play games for fun. Hehehe, you're right about the escaping reality, but the perspective Lived gives in it's story provides an escape too, most people really have an over-idealized idea of the world anyways. Besides, it's not just moral reality we wish to 'escape', it's visual reality too, so it'll still work. Ow and some people like 'realistic' stories.

No critic intended at all, but you seem to mix moral values of reality with virtual morality. That's odd, because virtual realities give the opportunity to behave differently, as an escape. There's no moral code, in fact, as far as the games allow you can really do anything you like. Not all 'evil' games are wrong in my opinion, it's a bit hard to explain, but good examples are Bullfrog's Dungeon Keeper series and the recent Overlord game. Those games present virtual realities with switched morals (evil=good) and provide a really good game experience. Apart from that I think it's soooo cliché that the player is *always* the good guy.. Off course, this is just my opinion and taste,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software