Quote:

trace_hit should be -1 or 1 when c_trace hits something! Why is it tested against Zero? However, I tried (trace_hit !=0) and it never was TRUE. I made a test, and found out that trace_hit is always zero.

I figured this out. I have "enable_polycollision" set to 0.5. This treats the c_instructions like old style collision and does not disable the physics engine. Setting it to 0 will disable the physics engine. If you set that var to 1 or 2 the trace_hit != 0 will work as expected. I don't know if this is a bug or simply how it is supposed to behave. I think I'll report this one and see what the answer is.

EDIT: It's not a bug, however jcl said he will tweak it if it is easy to do. Otherwise, a clarification will be made in the manual.

As for the Intense Pathfinding integration: I have it in place and working using LL's movement code. It seems that IPF also does not like enable_polycollision set below 1 so I may have to change somethings around unless LL can make it work with <1 settings. Anyway, my next step is to make it work with my own movement code. It's not that complicated, yet it's a bit tricky at the same time. Also, I noticed that my fps drops to 50 when using IPF. I don't know if this is the pathfinding itself or its dependence on a modified set of new template files. I recall a significiant fps drop when using older versions of the new templates, so perhaps I'll get those 10 fps back when I port it over to my setup.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links