Quote:

When you say you added to a clean project, did you use the complete code I provide or just the camera?

Just the camera code. But I see you solved that!

Actually, I typed in my own camera code line by line, based on yours for the most part. I skipped the 'modes', and ended up with an hybrid 0 and 3 modes. The camera never gets aligned to the player. The camera goes first, then the player uses the camera direction as pan force. This way the camera can pan quickly even while the player struggles to keep up. And in my game I am only rotating the player if he moves. In other words, if the user rotates the camera with the mouse but the entity is standing still, it's like a free look. You can see your character's face. But if you press the Forward key, the character quickly turns back and runs away from you. The same happens when strafing - it turns, then strafes.

I didnt use the blending/ animate code yet: I am solving some player Movement issues with slopes first. It seems to be the problem with new ellipsoid collision: if you prevent the entity to climb steep slopes, it will also stop going upstairs, because the ellipsoid c_moving against a stairstep edge can return a very steep surface 'normal' depending on the step height.

I am relatively new to 3dgs (NOT a former A5 user) and I'm reading all I can about the new c_move and c_trace etc. But I think I'm doing well so far.

|Emilio|

Last edited by eleroux; 08/15/06 03:45.