It used to be different. You could make a ramp block, set it to invisible, and it could be used with stairs. This was with trace, and I remember my invisible collision geometry not working when I used early versions of c_trace; thus I kept on using trace. However, trace and ent_move are deprecated, so I've switched to c_trace/c_move but keeping enable_polycollision at 0.5. Now, that jcl is going to allow trace_hit to be changed by AABB, I can keep old, faster collision.

I've never used a sprite for collision, and I was told to simply make a map entity out of my ramps or any other invisible collision geometry for c_instruction use. It creates unnecessary extra steps and take more time. I use quite a bit of invisible collision hulls(in my full levels) because of some of my oddball geometry, so it's going to take forever and a day for me to convert everything over. Lots of extra files to deal with...I can't wait.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links