I've updated the "special" version of this contribution. This only includes the camera relative modes. There's a keyboard/mouse combo and a gamepad only mode.

01. Wall collision has been fixed. It's perfect and based off the "Kingdom Hearts" movement thread(see above).

02. There are two different types of camera movements and are also inspired by the Kingdom Hearts thread. The first is just like the one that has always been a part of this package, and the other is a bit smoother and feels looser(the looseness can be adjusted).

03. There are two different types of camera behavior. You can have the Kingdom Heart style where the camera cannot revolve around the player when the player is moving(no matter which direction it is facing), or you can have it like it was before where the camera can revolve around the player while moving. The camera can revolve around the player when it is not moving in both modes. Change the "fControlsLockToggle" VAR to 0 or 1 for the desired behavior. It defaults to 0 which is the KH mode.

04. I've added new VARs and DEFINES to simplify readability.

Code:

define typeMouseOrKeyboard,0; //Camera relative mouse/keyboard
define typeGamepad,1; //Camera relative gamepad

var cameraType; //uses the typeNormal and typeSmooth defines
var cameraTypeTemp;
define typeNormal,0; //tight feeling camera
define typeSmooth,1; //looser feeling camera

You can manipulate all of this in the loadControlsDefault function in main.wdl

05. The initCameras function and player_action action have been slightly modified to take advantage of the new vars/defines. Within the rest of the functions, all appropriate numbers have been changed to their respective define label for easier readability.

I've started doing the same thing to the larger file with both the character and camera relative modes. However, I'll upload it later and post when it's ready.

http://www.geocities.com/hainesrs/special_blending.zip
http://www.geocities.com/hainesrs/special_blending.rar - same file only half the size of the ZIP

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links