Quote:

PROOF THAT GOD DOES NOT EXIST:Existing means: actually being in some space, occupying some exact space coordinates, settleing upon certain space (else you do not exist by definition).
Everything that exist is somewhere, not nowhere; and being "somewhere" implyes "location" - e.i. existance of something that is "space"

What exactly can we present that says he doesnt or didnt physically exist somewhere? We only know the contents of .000001 percent of the universe..and I am probably being generous. We have never done archeological digs on any other planet, we havent fully explored our own.. Physical nonexistance before our very eyes is a very limited piece of evidence .

By this same logic, Aliens dont exist either... Drake's equation, tho, says that not only do they.. but some of them are as smart as us, and some are moreso. I consider that more of an educated guess than fact, but its still taking a less opinion driven approach than "It not real because I've never seen it".

OK..supposing there was space first.. Say something did create him..(tho I would imagine this inquiry would come AFTER we discover something concrete and noncircumstantial..say a body...or a spent old being studying in an alien temple somewhere..) what says he didnt like all the darkness and decided to create everything else to fill it out?

As the dominant species of this planet, dont we use our intelligence to create...and was not earth here before us? Did not something create us? Perhaps God is not so differently originated. You are treating God by one narrow definition, which is why I do understand how you can think it not possible to just spring forth from nothingness.. but what if something did make or reproduce him, her, it? Then what? Is he still capable of using his life to learn all of math and all of science, and doing something beyond all imagination with it at the end of it? Or is he incapable of being the creator we call "God" because he is not what we expect?

I dont treat "God" as a magical, magnanymous being. I treat it as a being who developed his great power thru knowledge, which are synonymous once you achieve enough.

@Nitro...

The only way that religious science ever seems to be able to make points is by correlating happy coincidences.

Lemme take a realistic stab at some of those tho:

AIDS is most prevalant in the countries that is was introduced to, because it was introduced there... suddenly, and without antidote. It used to be that if you ate or got scratched by monkeys with SIV..you were among the first to get HIV, the SIV mutation for humans. This did not involve sin.

There was homosexuality before there was AIDS. Heterosexuals with inability to be responsible and disciplined make up the larger demographic of AIDS. This is not the result of sinning as much as it is...irresponsibility.

Whether you sin or not...if you fail to check if your partner has AIDS before you have sex with them, if you dont ask your doctors if they have it before you let them operate inside your body, there's a failry good chance you will get it.

Christians didnt "discover" the world was round.. most other societies around the world knew this for thousands of years. They're just the only ones who refused to believe it and " discovered" it for themselves.

@fastlane

I really dont appreciate the disharmony between fact and faith that we have so much of.. but uh..is this what taoism teaches..harmony between the two?.. Perhaps I should study the faith.

Last edited by ICEman; 03/15/06 16:36.

I'm ICEman, and I approved this message.