Quote:

Shortly after the mining disaster last year when the false news were broadcast that a large number of miners had been saved, the people over on these forums started praising god for this miracle. Eventually the statement was revised that they were not saved, but oddly enough nobody decided to blame god for his negligience. The same kind of selective perception is going on here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Interesting, instantly remined me of a quote from Al Pacino's character from the Devil's Advocate : "When HE does something good, its considered a miracle, but when HE does something bad, its "He works in mysterious ways"." A pretty good movie, and that one line stands out the most.

That's exactly what I don't like about religions in general, they just interpret the world around them in a way just how it would fit their view and ideology, yet they are never truly objective. I don't say looking at the world in your own way is wrong, but I don't like the jumping to conclusions and odd reasoning. Why should those people be trapped in that mine by God? Any why would he want to save them, if at all? Maybe the ground just couldn't take anymore shocks of the mining activities and collapsed as a result, but no it would have been God's work according to the religious people? Says who, and how do you know this?

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software