@ Grimber
I agree with you almost 100%, and wouldn't dare split hairs with you're logic.

Science and religion aren't in primary conflict. Christianity specifically is to some degree, because of Genesis, and some other minor points of the bible. This will pass though, in the next few centuries or so. It will simply be considered silly to believe in the Garden of Eden and the 6000 year old earth as time goes on.

A good number of Christians have already moved on, believing that God created the universe in the way he wanted. Time is flexible, according to the laws of relativity, so maybe 7 days were enough to cook up the whole thing. I really can't help on the Garden of Eden thing, but I always look at it as, us regretting becoming conscious beyond that of our animal roots.

Real science doesn't support the creationist theory cause it can't. I think science tried for awhile, but it wasn't working out. Some people claiming to be scientists are simply selling something popular to an ever shrinking group of people, who want to believe in the old ways. I'm sure its good money and good acclaim in its limited scope, but its not really science.

There are galaxies moving away from a single point, and we can see back in time to things much farther away than 6k years. We've seemed to evolve from animals. These are theories, that are based on the parsimonious evidence that are commonly observed.

Darwin was a great scientist, but he was born one hundred plus years ago. Its kind of funny how Christians argue points of the most popular evolutionary scientist, but not the most recent. Even now modern evolutionist smash his old theories and create new ones in an attempt to create better models to represent objective reality. This though, is the key difference. Good science isn't based on what we want to be true, but is a path in finding out the truth.

Last edited by Scramasax; 03/29/06 09:10.

www.moxiefish.com George Lancaster