You dont know anything about the probabilities of this. How do you calculate this, using your special probability drive?

But seriously, you argument is flawed because I can easily say that the fact that we exist discounts entirely the improbability of us existing. It's like if I throw a stone in random direction, I say that it seems too improbable that it would land where it did, because there are so may other places it could have landed. But the fact is, it had to land somewhere. Probability is an odd thing that way. So using that logic, I would say the probability of us having evolved on earth is 100%, because it happened. You cant use probability to prove or disprove evolution.

Think about it, how many planets are there in the Universe? Probably a number too vast to comprehend. The chances that life would evolve on them all? Very low probably, but what about the chance that life would evolve on a few of them (which is still going to be an enormous number)? Likely to be high. The chance that life would evolve on one of them, 100%, because here we are.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I would ask you a question then, without any malice. Why dont you accept the scientific result that led to evolutionary theory?

What about another theory, say General Relativity? Do you accept this theory? There is a lot more direct evidence for evolution by natural selection than there is for General Relativity, yet most scientist accept both. Why dont lay poeple attack General Relativity? It is far more troubling than evolution, because it is counter-intuitive. How can space-time be curved?

But the reason most poeple dont have a problem with it, is because it clearly has nothing to do with the Bible, nor does it say anything about Man's place in the universe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What should be apparent then to poeple reading this thread, is that Nitro77 and and others dont really care about the scientific value of evolution, and the psuedoscience they use to argue against it, but in fact the reason they hate the theory is an emotional one

They cant stand the fact that Man isn't something special and unique, that Man is just an animal, that Man is a bunch of chemicals and organic junk stuck together. We are fragile, tenuous beings, with many faults inherent in our bodies. Why do we have to crap and eat so much? Why do we get sick, why do children die for no reason, why are they born deformed, or retarded?

Why? I dont know, and I dont really care. Man is more than the sum of his parts, what you call a soul I call self-purpose.

Sphere Engine--the premier A6 graphics plugin.