"is this 6000 years old earth calculation use the same methods that over the past two thousand years the ever changing predictions of when the 2nd comming of christ is predicted to happen?

I do believe that theologic scholars seem to keep missing the mark on the year it suppost to happen. with allot of followers having to suffer because they happend to give away all their earthly possesions time and again just prior to these dates then have to find a way to live afterwards"

Who cares? What does this solve in the debate? Some people do terrible things and waste their time disobeying what the Bible says. That's just the way things go.

That's not making an excuse for the guy, but there's nothing that can be done about it. Those people will have to answer for their own actions.

Quote:

yes, i know thologists figure this number of years by supposedly counting the generations backwards though the bible. So does this include the 73 books of the roman chatholic books of teh bible. or the 66 books of the king james version or the origial 81 books of teh King James bible before the arch bishop of cantabury removed 16 ?

Where is this information coming from?

Quote:

does it take into account other books from various denomitaions?

There are usually pretty simple stories behind those other books. For instance, someone thinking they found a special add on to the bible. Its pretty easy to understand why many of these books are fake. But I can't say too much. I'm somewhat ignorant to the origins and changes to the bible caused by all these different sects.

Quote:

does it include the parts of the hebrew texts (Koran)

Hebrew and Arab texts at the same time? How is that possible? The Koran isn't part of the Bible even to the Jews. The Koran is the arab book.

Quote:

ee, creationists have a serious tendancy to PICK and choose and just so SIMPLY ignore or toss aside anything they just don't like. Because it doesn;t fit your pre concieved ideals.

That's strange, because it seems exactly opposite to me. The evolutionists are the ones spreading lies by picking and choosing which 'proof' to focus on. If you're mad because some guy added or took away from the bible, how does that change the truth that materialism is wrong and we were created in our present forms?

Quote:

You know its amazing how many of the 7 deadly sins chreationists constantly break. considering thier entire goal is to find their own self richousness ( yet again a sin of your own religion)

I'm not going to speak for anyone else at the forum, but for me its all for the glory of God (gasp). It could be argued that, since you're simply debating for the sake of debating, you're the one doing it for selfish reasons. I'm not saying you are, but I don't have the motive here.

Quote:

nope, creationists believe in things they are told.

Man, this is frustrating. I'm not even going to point out why you're wrong because all you're trying to do is belittle people like me, and that's despicable. Keep your hate-filled opinions to yourself, especially when they have no bearing on the discussion. You're simply going out of your way to attack people.

Quote:

40% of americans do not have a correct understanding of evolution ( this thread shows allot of evidance of that)
nearly 50% of americans do not have a clear understanding of creationisum ( again this thread shows allot of even so called believers know so little of thier own 'belief')

40% of american scientists believe in god
5% of american scientists believe in creationisum
(scientists polled consisted of mainstream sciences like biology and geology, and non mainstream sciences like health science, computer science engineering etc)

Quit falling back on the 'bandwagon fallacy'. Who cares about other people. It doesn't change the truth. Large groups of people do a lot of crazy things (or believe a lot of crazy things), but that's not my problem. And its not yours either. I don't run my life based on other people's choices. And I'm certainly not going to have my faith questioned by a poll.

Quote:

whens the last time you seen apes wage war, imprison, torture and murder millions of thier own speices because one group thinks 'thier god is better then other groups god, and if you don't follow ours your less than human'

It sounds to me like you have a problem with people, not God. I'm sorry to hear that, but I can understand where you're coming from. We live in a pretty terrible world, and evil comes in a lot of forms (even dressed in sheeps clothing). But again, you're avoiding the subject at hand. Its pointless to get stuck on the past. Since most murdering is done by non-christians, why shouldn't I conclude that by ratio alone, non-christians are much worse. Because that's ridiculous. Only racists cast aside the individual to stereotype the whole. I'm not saying you're racist, but its just as illogical to completely assume you understand me as a christian or any christian for that matter because some lunatics decided to kill some people in the name of God. How about instead of focusing on the past, we learn from it and stop stereotyping people. Its never led to anything good.