Quote:

what?? this is silly. you know that every animal can speak. only because its not your language and/or you dont understand it, they cant speak?? come on, be realistic.

Speech is very different from communication. Animals cant speak but they cetainly can communicate. The next time you dog says "Dude your getting a Dell" please let me know.

Quote:

humans arent that great compared to other animals. they may think they understand more than a fly about the fly, but they dont understand half of it about themselfes. thats not pretty taff, isnt it?

You wont find me exalting the knowledge of humans but we clearly dominate the animals.

Quote:

Besides, man is not unique. Homo neanderthaliensis who became extinct 30,000 years ago was also able to use tools and speak.

Somebody help me understand the relevance of this? The uniqueness of man is a philosophical argument for the existence of God and the untruth of evolution. It is not a scientific argument. I can certainly argue for the uniqueness of man but it doesnt seem to fit in the kind of scientific argument we are making here.

I find the emphasis on the uniqueness of man here interesting as to me it really doesnt have much do with evolution at all. Is this what you think drives creationist? That we are afraid of being just animals?