Quote:

Quote:

Besides, man is not unique. Homo neanderthaliensis who became extinct 30,000 years ago was also able to use tools and speak.

Somebody help me understand the relevance of this? The uniqueness of man is a philosophical argument for the existence of God and the untruth of evolution. It is not a scientific argument. I can certainly argue for the uniqueness of man but it doesnt seem to fit in the kind of scientific argument we are making here.

I find the emphasis on the uniqueness of man here interesting as to me it really doesnt have much do with evolution at all. Is this what you think drives creationist? That we are afraid of being just animals?

I answered to the uniqueness argument that ello quoted, but can not find the original post anymore. This thread has become a mess.

No, I do not know what drives creationists, but I would be interested to learn it. I know many religious people but not a single creationist. I've opened another thread for continuing this discussion in a more orderly way.