Creationists fear evolution. Because creationists center upon one important aspect. Man is divine, above all other things in creation. hence you see such notions as animals unitelligant, no souls, cannot communicate. Man is superior to all but his creator. "his is to have dominion over all life on earth" as I believe the bible says ( or at least how some people read it as such).

Now, to say man and ape evoloved from common ansestory? hehe your now telling creationists that they arn't any more important to god then any other monkey. That they don't have divine provodence over everything else. they arn't richous, holy, have god's ultimate divine providence. 'Divine Manifest Destiny'
It's not they won't accpet being related to apes, its they don;t want to think they arn't any better than apes ( or any other living thing for that matter).

SO its also not benieth them to manipulate thier own religion to put themselves on a divine pedistal.

What drives creationists? The assention, Rapture what ever you want to call it. the end of time, when ALL human souls at the end of time rise to sit with the father in heaven. This of course will neer happen in christianity untill 'ALL of mankind follow the true faith'.

I find that last bit very intresting. You see it so often in
religions today 'follow the true faith'

How do you FOLLOW a faith? you can't you either belive or not. what it realy states is 'follow the true religion'. thus going back to my privous statment. creationists belief is in what they are told. because religion is taught. Faith cannot be taught. you belive or you don't.

evolotion ( and science) is resisted by creationists because scince tells us we don't know everything. That all things are not plainly layed out before us and thier is nothing more to know. Something yet again creationsists have absoultuly fought against thoughout history.

Did you know the catholic church yet even today has never offialy accpeted that the earth and the planets orbit the sun? SO how do you expect them to accept evolution?

They won't even fix miss translations and spelling mistakes made centures ago so as to not to upset the now accepted doctrines of the church and its 'holy book'

It's one thing to bash sciences when lack understanding of them, but its down right rediculous they know so little about thier own religion but try to use it as proof positive in arguments