Nicely put, Marco. I'm glad someone with some actual understanding of science has entered the debate. This should be interesting.

Let me first start by appending my thesis. I really shouldn't say I'm setting out to disprove evolution. That's beyond pointless. However, what I won't do is stop until any other evolutionist who wants to pursue the debate will admit that evolution must be accepted by faith, not proof, and that the current 'proof' of evolution is based on assumptions.

That said, I will respectfully request some time to study up. I have responses, but you're raising the level of the discussion up to something I can't put into words based on my current knowledge.

Also, I know I misrepresented my understanding of Genes. However, it was more of a misrepresentation of an idea. I know what genes are, I've talked to scientists and studies DNA and Genes and protein and all of that (from secular sources). I misrepresented the idea was trying to convey.

That said, I know why I'm right, but I don't have the specific evidence to back it up. And I know it isn't fair to just bring ideas into the discussion.

Matt and Blatt, its not even worth responding to you anymore. You insist on bringing up the same points, and we can run around in circles for years and still get no where. I mean, you keep bringing up these vestigial gills. The very same gills that if the crab didn't have them, it would die off in one generation. You may know a thing or two about biology and science, but its nothing without logic.

The only way this discussion is going to go anywhere is if its between Marco and I at this point. I'll be back.

Quote:

I don't want to put words in Irish_Farmer's mouth, but I think he understands that. His claim seems to be, that additions to an organism's anatomy require a miracle, whereas loss of features is explained by genetics/evolution.

To an extent. But my main claim is that vestigial organs cannot exist if those same organs have a purpose. So far every example of a vestigial organ has turned out to actually have a purpose, thus making it very un-vestigial.

I mean...one of you brought up the appendix, which scientists now widely recognize as an aid to the immune system. It baffles my mind what's so hard to understand about why that means its not a vestigial organ. Its not even worth talking about it anymore.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."